Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Baby is Four Today!

 

Nathan

Oh my sweet little heart breaker,
I look at you with absolute favor,
With you I feel a love so pure
For the most toxic poison you are the cure, 
From your silky hair to your tiny toes,
Your sweet soft skin and your button nose.
When I lay beside you and drink you in,
I'm intoxicated by the joy you bring.
As I rub my lips against your cheek, 
My heart swells with tears to weep, 
For my baby, this I know,
that as time passes you will grow.
A little boy you soon will be, 
And may no longer walk with me.
As you grow into a man, 
You will one day release my hand,
Only to clasp to that of another,
As you fall in love with your child's mother,
I'll taste my tears and think of this day,
How beside me you would lay,
How you'd suckle at my chest,
And for a pillow you'd use my breast.
Our noses together as we breathed the same air,
And how for hours upon you I'd stare,
Trying to freeze forever this moment, 
Before it's gone, I want to own it,
My heart had a place I never knew,
A door was closed until I met you,
Your love's the oil that's greased the door,
And mine will keep it open forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment